Tag Archive: Baby strollers
Jogging strollers are three-wheeled, strollers with a fixed front wheel. Also, they have a hand operated brake complemented by a foot operated brake for parking. Mothers, especially with newborns may feel the urge to take them and their babies out on strollers, most moms do take up that opportunity to exercise, either through jogging or fast walking. There are a couple of jogging strollers to pick from, given that different environments and terrains do impact heavily on the Best Baby Stroller for Jogging.
Picking out a jogging stroller
Below are some of the things to consider when picking out a jogging stroller.
Jogging or walking briskly, can expose the baby to traumatic forces that can be dangerous. Ensure your baby is old enough to be taken out on a jogging stroller, seek advice from your pediatrician first. Also, ensure the baby is well secured by the safety harnesses before going out.
Be sure to check out the manufacturer guidelines on the recommended weight the stroller can carry especially when choosing strollers to carry more than one baby. The strollers should balance well even when used with a single baby or if the babies have different weights.
As a machine, jogging strollers have some feature you should pay attention to during purchase. Features may not be common on all strollers.
- Running Brake: It is a hand operated brake for controlling the stroller speed. Comes in handy when maneuvering a sloppy terrain.
- Parking Brake: This brake is used to securing the stroller in case you have stopped and needed to leave the stroller. Prevents the stroller from rolling up when you take your hands off the handles.
- Adjustable Seat: This type of seat helps keep your baby comfortable during the ride more so if s/he is taking a nap.
- Lockable Front Wheel: Most strollers have a front wheel that is free, this makes maneuvering crowded places or rough terrains easier. However, you can lock the wheel in case you want to run or walk faster to aid in stability.
- Safety Harness: Almost all jogging strollers have a secure five-point harness that securely holds the baby in position.
- Shock Absorption: some makes of strollers feature shocks that provide extra cushion making jogging in rough terrains more comfortable for the baby.
- Wheel Size: There are different types of wheel sizes to pick from. Bigger wheels move over bumps more smoothly while small wheels are more compact. Make a decision depending on the terrain where the stroller will be mostly used.
- Weather proof: A stroller should feature a removable sun/ rain screen. This would come in handy in case of extreme weather changes.